Wednesday 25 February 2009

26th Sept - 1st Oct - Florence, Italy Part 5

And then I meet him

The night before we visited the Palazzo Pitti, Bel and I were taking a stroll along Ponte Vecchio and came to the large front courtyard of the palace. Along the way, we saw people with wine glasses and were rather curious as people will normally be carrying a beer bottle instead of wine glasses. Only when nearing the palace we found out that there’s a wine festival going on. So you just need to buy a wine glass from the organizing committee and you can taste the various red and white wine from the many breweries exhibiting there.

Then a street band came marching into the courtyard and made a horseshoe formation and played various songs. The band was very cheerful and this has certainly liven up the atmosphere. People started gathering around the band, a few young children danced to the music. Bel and I too stood to enjoy the music. I was busy capturing the scene with my camera when I felt someone staring at me. I put down my camera, searching for the stare and then our eyes met. We both paused for a moment. Then he started walking towards me. I couldn't resist his handsome look that I pick up my camera and took a photo of him. He paused when I took his photo and continued on walking towards me. There he stood next to me. I knelt down and showed him his photo. I watched his face as he look at the image, waiting for his response. He lifts his face and smiled at me. Oh, what lovely smile he has.

Yes, this little man just melts my heart with his charming smile. I didn't know what language to speak to him. I tried English but I don't think he understand. He just kept looking at his image on my camera's LCD and smile at me. So I just point at him and then on the LCD screen. After about 5 minutes, his father came and walked him away. As they were leaving, his dad asked him to say bye bye and he did with his sweet voice. Well, only if he is much older... ;p

No comments: