Thursday 14 August 2008

Third Time Lucky...

Finally, in my 3rd attempt in the UK practical driving test, I passed the test!!! Now I can drive all the way to Scotland in my little Micra... yippie !!!

I was so close to getting the license 2 weeks ago in my second attempt but then towards the final 5 minutes going back to the test center, I made a silly mistake which caused me the exam. Today, I've got 2 minor errors in total but I was so happy when the examiner told me that I've passed the test. This license will be valid until I'm 70yrs old ... Another task down and now working towards my next task.

p/s: Today is the 14th July on the chinese calender, which in chinese tradition marks the opening of the door from Hell and the hungry ghost come out to feast. Hence if you are go to Malaysia or Singapore in the month of July (in chinese calender), you could see people praying at the roadside offering food, fruits, paper money (for usage in hell) and josticks. You could also see stages being setup and there would be performances to entertain the 'brothers' (ghost). All these are part of the tradition which is pretty unique.

No comments: