Tuesday 19 August 2008

Greetings from Lake District



I'm blogging from my room in Greenriggs Bed and Breakfast in Windermere, Lake District... This is my first stop of my rather ad-hoc (no planning little research) 10days trip towards Scotland. I first came to know about Lake District watching 'Miss Potter', the movie and later heard people talking about its beauty. It took me about 5hours drive from Swindon due to some congestions along M6 and I arrived around 3.15pm.

Windermere in the Lake District - 10.5 miles long and 219 feet deep - is England's largest natural lake. Its name comes from the Scandinavian for 'lake of a man called Vinandr'. Known as Birthwaite prior to the arrival of the railway, it is about a fifteen-minute walk from the lakefront, and has now grown together with Bowness.

to be continued...

No comments: