Wednesday 4 June 2008

Missing "Bah Zhang"

saw on someone else's blog talking about 'bah zhang'... immediately my taste buds and memory remembered all those yummy 'bah zhang' i had before... those dried prawns, mushrooms, some peanuts and pork wrapped inside the dark brown glutinous rice.... oh so nice !!!

I still remember when i was little, mom will make the 'bah zhang' at home. Quite a lot of preparation work for the ingredients and then the wrapping / tying and then the cooking. Mom's version is always healthier version than those sold in the market. less oil, less salty and also lean meat. I have never been able to properly tie up a 'bah zhang'... so most of the time i just sit beside and watch. Also when I was very little, I would always ask mom to tie a couple of the 'bah zhang' in those long shape (similar to a gun) instead of the normal shape (pentagon shape)... yes so i can take them and act like i have a gun =p

so to those of you at home, please eat one on my behalf...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i ate bak chang like 3 bijik already... hahaha.. with the porkie fat. yumm yummm..

ElMO said...

aisay kawan, how can you do this to me? pity me.... hahaha