Thursday 28 February 2008

Scorching Hot。Icy Cold

One of the things that puzzled me in UK is the water taps... in houses (unless new houses or refurbished houses), the basin will have 2 seperate taps (one hot, one cold) which sounds logical right... wrong!!! Within seconds you turn the tap on, the water coming out from the Hot tap would be scorching hot that you can barely touch it. So you then revert to the cold water tap, which flows icy cold water that freezes your hands...

My bathroom basin also has these 2 'fabulous' taps I have to use when washing my face & brushing teeth. So the way to avoid 'cooking' my hands in the hot water or numbing my hands in the freezing water, I perform the 2 chores in light-speed... quick doesn't mean not clean ok ;p Lucky my shower allows me to adjust the water temperature. Phew...

p/s: There's earthquake across UK this morning at 1am, my colleague staying nearby said he felt the vibration but I didn't feel anything. Probably too deep chasing my dreams in the lala-land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you very goong eh. why don't you use a cup/glass to hold the water to brush teeth. And get another small basin to hold the water to wash your face?

ElMO said...

aiyoh, like that very mah huan leh... need to use so many things for such a simple task... quick quick do can la ;p