Saturday 29 March 2008

In love with Cornwall - Part 3


The town of Padstow is an ancient, but busy fishing port with picturesque pastel colourwashed and stone cottages nestling in the narrow streets leading down to the harbour and quays. Padstow is very lovely. There are quite a lot of tourist visiting when I reached there and immediately I saw a long queue in front of a store... ahh no wonder, it's the famous Rick Stein's seafood restaurant. You can choose to dine in or take away but no matter what you choose, queue first. (http://www.rickstein.com/)

Walking towards town centre, I come to a dock with many boats... big, small, private leisure, fishing, sampan.... On the fishing boats, there were many cages which are used to catch lobster. At one of the small alley, I bought myself a half fish & chips (smaller portion more suitable for one person) and rested. They don't provide any seasonings except salt and vinegar. Tasted OK nothing super fantastic. Maybe I should have tried those from Rick Stein's. OK next time I shall give it a try.

After finishing my tour around the town and harbour, I board on a bus and head back to Newquay and called it a day. Tired but satisfying.