Monday 10 March 2008

来点饮料吗? Would you like a drink?

British people loves drinks... tea, coffee, beer, wine etc... they drink a lot, they drink anywhere, they drink all day long... it's a way of life and it's part of the culture. In the office, you see people grabbing a cuppa and chat for a while taking a break. On the street, you see people taking a coffee break or chilling out at bars with a bottle of beer in their hands. At home, people have a drink to relax and also to warm themselves.

In the office, most likely there are coffee machines to provide the drinks. On the street, there are loads of cafe, bars or convenient stores to get your drink. At home, they uses an electric kettle to boil just enough hot water to make the cup of coffee or tea. If after one hour you want another cup, you boil water again.

I am still not accustom to this drinking culture especially when I am at home. I'm just too lazy to boil water to make coffee or tea. I just drink plain water. The only time I make a drink is on weekends morning and I use microwave to heat the water. On weekdays, I just get my coffee fix in the office. It's nice to get a hot drink to warm the hands and body in the cold environment. I guess it's the other way round in SG & MY, the weather is too hot and all drinks will be best served with ice ;p

No comments: