Tuesday 18 November 2008

12th Sept 2008 - Brighton

Day 11

Hit the road after my breakfast, didn't have anywhere in between that I specially wanted to stop at so head right to Brighton. After 2hours, I arrived at Brighton around 12.30noon. It's really different from the other seaside resorts from the past few days. Brighton is much more developed and city-like. The buildings and their settings reminded me of those in Notting Hill, London. Car park is a bit of a headache as there weren't any free car park at the hostel and the maximum time one could park in front of the hostel is 2 hours max. So, while checking in, I asked the owner where best to park my car. She told me to go to Holland road (about 3mins drive away) as I could park there for 24hours for £3.50. So after I got my stuff to my room, I went to park my car and then walk back. I was checked into a 4-bed female dorm for £25pn (that is £10 more compared to the weekday rates) at the top floor.

After lunch, I head down to the beach side. The beach is a pebble stone beach and it has a nicely built 4 mile long promenade. The weather today was pretty good, blue sky, sunshine, but of course some occasional light showers. After an hours walk, I turned back and walk towards to town area. From an information board, I found out that the buildings here can be actually be divided into a few generations. I bought some crisps, a can of beer and baked beans and went back towards the promenade. There was a newly-wed couple having a outdoors photo-session and their best man even helped out as a temporary light-man. It's not as sunny as before, I sat on a bench, hook up my MP3, had a sip of the beer and also some crisps. Ahh... nice. Although the wind is not very strong but still its pretty chilly especially when you are sitting still. But it felt too good that I'm willing to endure the bit of cold.

About 6.30pm, I went back to the hostel, took a shower, and had beans on toast with some iceberg lettuce. After dinner, I tried to link up to the WiFi provided by the hostel but just couldn’t. Sigh, gave up after trying many times and content with just writing my trip journal and also read up on Italy.

No comments: