Tuesday 18 November 2008

13th Sept 2008 - Brighton Beach & Hove

Day 12

Maybe it's because I'm feeling a little tired from my road trips thus far, I just felt like lazing around in Brighton & Hove and not go explore other nearby places. In the morning, I walked to a nearby garden where young kids are having tennis lessons and a few adults practicing 'Qi-Gong'. Next, I went past Churchill Square Shopping Center to arrive at North Laine, where there is a Saturday's Street Market going on. The area is turned into pedestrian-only street to cater for the many stalls selling food/pastries, antiques, second hand books / cassettes / CD / DVD, plants and also clothes. Many cafes and restaurants too set their tables and chairs outside so the diners can sit outside and enjoy the good weather. It's a pretty vibrant street market with crowds of tourists jamming the place.

Then I stumbled upon the Brighton and Hove Food and Drink Festival. Here, you will be spoilt with a variety of delicious food... homemade cakes, fresh oysters, fresh mushrooms, delicacies from various countries, wines, ciders... I so regretted that I've bought some food from the town earlier on so I could only take photos of these yummy food instead.

After that, I went to the Brighton pier. The weather is really good today hence the beach and the pier is crammed with tourists. There are free deck chairs on the pier thus many were sun-bathing there. Families with young children are playing at the beach side, groups of friends sat on the beach chatting... Normally, I do not put back my lens cap after taking photographs, but when I was on the deck, I don't know why but I placed my cap back... to my horror, I didn't secured it nicely and my lens cap fell down to the wooden planks... my heart stopped as I saw it bouncing from this plank to the other and stop, I thought I was lucky but just no... the lens cap tipped over and fell through the gaps into the Brighton sea !!! There, my small contribution to the Brighton sea :( Later I found myself a chair on the deck and people-watch. Then a group of ladies arrived and it is obvious that they are having a Hen's party. Here in UK, I've seen quite a number of Hen's party where the bride-to-be went touring the town in costumes, carrying 'balloons', and hanging a 'L' plate on the neck. It's always fun seeing them.

No comments: